2009: The Year When Things Occurred And Shit Happened And Stuff And Things
I don’t have any great insight into this year past.
It’s been a good year for the most part. Certainly more in the black than in the red.
Professionally, at least. Personally, it’s had a little rough-and-tumble, but even there, some shining spots.
No need to get too deep. At present, reflection is only going to slow me down. Instead, forward, forward, ever-forward. Legs churning. Bucket on my head. Onward blindly and recklessly.
The good stuff, encapsulated:
- Hey, holy shit! A proper website! With a WordPress installation! And words that aren’t invisible on Firefox! This is some high-tech biznatch over here. Though, were you so inclined to see what The Past looks like, the old terribleminds ramble archive still exists. Will Hindmarch helped usher me into the 20th century.
- Im on thuh Twitters, tweetin ur faces.
- Went to Hawaii. Fell in love with Hawaii. Confirmed my hatred of winter. Damn you, Hawaii. Damn you.
- I wrote the fourth and fifth draft of a novel.
- I got that novel repped by a bad-ass agent.
- Went to LA to pitch a television show with my writing partner.
- Can’t say more, but maybe, just maybe, that trip to LA went really well.
- Hit the fifth draft of our film script (HiM) with aforementioned writing partner, and now Lance and I are headed out to the Sundance Screenwriters Lab.
- Had a bunch of the Hunter: The Vigil books come out. Still excited about that gameline, and so should you be.
- Got reacquainted with a bunch of great people from Many Moons Ago.
- Got freshly acquainted with a bunch of great people who come and comment here at this very blog-o-site webbyspace (and thanks for doing so, peeps).
- Somehow, I inadvertently turned this website into a blog offering profanity-laden writing advice.
- Wrote more pen and paper games. Also wrote some video games, and did work on an online narrative experience (not-quite-an-ARG).
- Got to speak at DIY Days in Philly.
- Shadowstories is up and running (though, from the numbers, I’m suspecting very few people actually read it; which is okay, I get it, reading lots of material online is actually more cumbersome than I had previously anticipated — not sure where we go from here, though. Time will tell).
- Jet Pack, y’all. Hindmarch + Ingham + Wendig. HIW. You will find a number of free stories there by Yours Truly.
There’s probably more.
I dunno. It’s been a good year.
I love my life.
I love my wife.
I’m not dead yet.
And so, I keep kicking and screaming.
Onto 2010! Where surely, surely, flying cars finally await.
How was your year, peeps?